Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

All in the Family

I finally got around to taking some nursery pics, although I still have been playing around with the placement of things.  I tried to combine a little style with a lot of items we already had in the family so its a mesh of history.  The lighting in the room is a little off because of the sun and the overhead light, so its not as "pink" as it looks, its more of a light shade.

IMG_2922

The dresser was Ann's that Scott refinished and is going to be the changing table until the girls get bigger. The tree and pom poms were my Etsy creation.

IMG_2923 IMG_2924

The girls are going to share a crib at first but above each one we have their initials (no name telling yet) and some artwork that pulls in the bird, pink and gray theme. My dad always used to sing "You are my sunshine" to Kelly and I so it has some special meaning.  One of the cribs is also Heather's.  We were lucky enough to find two that matched almost 15 years later!

IMG_2925

We also managed to fit in a book shelf which was from Heather's nursery and re-painted a mirror that was from Scott's room as a kid. Two cribs, a changing table, bookcase and rocker is a lot!!

IMG_2926

IMG_2920

My good friend Holly gave us their rocker which is an awesome gift. I also painted a few bird houses to go with the bird theme. I think something needs to go underneath them but I can't figure out what! (You can see my bags are packed!)

IMG_2928

We also added Heather's growth chart so we could track the girls height as well as some frames for their cute little hand and foot prints.  I guess we are ready...as ready as we are going to be!

We go tomorrow for our growth ultrasound which should be very telling. I am excited to see what position they are in as well. We go to our regular doctor again on Friday morning.  We are on an every other week schedule for the next few weeks and will start doing some stress tests at 34 weeks. (I will be 32 on Wednesday.) These just monitor the girls heartbeats and contractions for 20 minutes to make sure they are not under any stress. September could be baby month! We will see...

Signature Holly

1 comment:

  1. The room looks great! So fun! Can't wait to learn their names! Good luck on the final weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.