Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

One Goal

This weekend wraps up my 4th Pelotonia. Its my 3rd time volunteering and 2nd time riding. It was awesome. I always ride in memory of my dad but this year I have a co-worker and friend who is fighting a tough battle and our Navigator Peloton was dedicated to him. When I was younger and would visit my Dad in Florida I would always go on runs around the lake near his house. Sometimes he was home when I would run and it was relaxing and fun. Other times he was in the hospital and it was my time to reflect and think. He would always tell me, "Holly, run because I cannot." So I would run. That has always motivated me.  Once I discovered Pelotonia I was convinced that he would be OK with me biking too! :)

Scott and I volunteered the first year and I was hooked. The next year I rode 100 miles. I told myself every year thereafter I would make this apart of our lives and our family. Last year I volunteered (aka the "baby break') and this year I did both. (And let me tell you riding 50 miles is WAY easier than volunteering all day while 8 months pregnant!) Every year is a different experience but this year I was able to share it with many of my close friends and co-workers. We trained together and rode together and my good friend Megan made the trip from Tampa to ride with me again. We shared stories, laughed, cried (well I did at the start) and celebrated at the end.

Dedicating yourself to significant fundraising and time is no small feat. I have all of you to thank and especially Scott and Heather who support me in these adventures. Pelotonia is a family tradition in our house and I know my dad would be proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylEQwArFj2E&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for all your support!

Signature Holly

 

 

2 comments:

  1. […] http://fiveonnorthampton.wordpress.com/2014/08/10/one-goal/ […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap, enjoyed the video! Looks like it was a great day for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.