Pages

Friday, September 15, 2017

3 PM Pick-Me-Up (NEW RECIPES!)

Oh hey! yeah, it has been a LONG time since I have posted some recipes, but I am slowly trying to get back into blogging more now that we are back to school and on a schedule!

So does anyone else feel like they need a nap at 3pm? Or start to become overwhelmed at all things when they think about their day not ending for a few more hours? 

I have recently been switching my caffeine around (I try to only have 2 servings a day of about 50 mg) and have been on a green tea match kick. (I am one of those weirdos that don't like coffee!)

What Exactly Is Matcha?
Matcha is the powdered form of green tea leaves. Pretty simple, huh?
Matcha and green tea differ in the way the tea leaves are processed. Green tea is made by harvesting, heating, and drying leaves from the Camellia sinensis plant. When the dried leaves are steeped in water, ta-da, you have tea. To make matcha, the leaves are kept in the shade for 10 to 20 days before they’re harvested. This can help boost their level of chlorophyll, a plant pigment that gives matcha a vibrant jade green color. After the leaves are harvested, they’re milled into a fine powder, which can then be whisked with hot water to make a frothy drink.
Because you’re consuming the entire leaf, the beneficial phytonutrients from matcha may be more potent than those of green tea — which could help to explain why matcha is totally having its moment right now. (Also, it’s gorgeous. And delicious.)
Want to try it?
I highly suggest if you are just drinking it as tea mixing it with something...almond milk, milk, or put it in a smoothie. (I love the toasted coconut unsweetened almond milk flavor!) I get my Matcha from Amazon. (of course). The tea bags are super easy, but this Matcha powder makes it super simple to make some fun recipes. 

If you want to try something other than hot tea, try this super smoothie!
Ingredients
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 handful of ice
  • 1 scoop Vanilla Vegan Shakeology
  • 1 tsp. unsweetened matcha powder
Instructions
  • Place almond milk, ice, Shakeology, and matcha powder in blender; cover.
  • Blend until smooth. 
They key is to make sure the matcha powder is unsweetened so it's not overly sugary. 

You can also find these fun match drinks from Tea Pigs! I LOVE their tea!


Try this for your afternoon pick-me-up and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Great.Your recipe is very delicous and all above great from nutritious point of view.I keep your all posts in notice and would like to see your more posts in future.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.