Pages

Friday, November 4, 2016

Phase 2 on the Ultimate Reset Journey

I have officially made it through Week 2 (and almost through Week 3) and wanted to share my journey and what to expect during Phase 2!



WHAT IS THE ULTIMATE RESET? 
Check out my Phase 1 recap here!

WHAT TO EXPECT WEEK 2
Week 2 you officially start a "vegan" diet and eliminate all animal protein and dairy. It sounds harder than it really is. You still are eating carbs and lots of fruit and veggies. The recipes are pretty amazing for this week. The flavor from all the spices and lemon/lime combinations are really yummy.

This lentil lime salad is my FAVORITE! I plan on making it again for everyday lunches after the reset is over.


Ingredients:
1 cup cooked green lentils1 medium carrot, shredded
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro1½ tsp. sesame oil2 Tbsp. fresh lime juiceBraggs Liquid AminosHimalayan salt (to taste; optional)¼ tsp. ground cumin (to taste; optional)Ultimate Reset herbal seasoning blend or fresh herbs like basil and oregano (to taste; optional)1. Combine lentils, carrot, cilantro, oil, lime juice, Braggs Liquid Aminos, salt (if desired), cumin (if desired), and seasoning blend (if desired) to lentils; toss gently to blend.2. Let salad marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.


Preparation:1. Combine lentils, carrot, cilantro, oil, lime juice, Braggs Liquid Aminos, salt (if desired), cumin (if desired), and seasoning blend (if desired) to lentils; toss gently to blend.2. Let salad marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.

TIPS FOR SURVIVING WEEK 2
At this point my energy has all pretty much evened out. I am not missing caffeine at all and am sleeping amazing! The biggest change I made with week 2 was planning my meals using a 3-2 planning method.  Here is the meal plan I followed.




  • I prepped EVERYTHING including breakfast lunch and dinner for Monday through Friday on the weekend. It took me about 2 hours total. (I broke it up in 30-45 minute increments). This ensured that I stayed on track and it saved me time during the busy work week. 
  • The 3-2 method basically means you eat the same meals M-W-F (3 days) and then the same meals T-Th (2 days). So you double or triple your recipes but only have 2 sets of breakfast, lunch and dinner to make.
  • I stocked up on lots of variety of hot tea. I probably drink peppermint tea (made with distilled water) 3-4 times a day.
  • Each day on phase 2 and phase 3 I opted to eat the fruit. Its 3 cups every morning. This was easier than prepping additional items so I made sure to have ALOT of variety. Beacuse of this, I also used frozen fruit from Trader Joes (Mango, Pineapple etc.)
  • I also made the switch to use some fresh spices and some dry spices. It made the prepping easier and the grocery bill less expensive!
  • You eat a LOT of sweet potatoes. You will learn to love them!


I do miss yogurt a little bit but surprisingly I do not miss the meat or the sugar. My chocolate Shakeology every afternoon totally satisfies my sugar cravings and my need for chocolate. I am proud to say I made it through Halloween without ONE piece of candy. I don't think that has happened EVER. (And yes I saved a reese cup to have later!)

I am also still holding strong with yoga everyday or some sort of movement (aka walking, Pilates etc.)

I am super excited to move into Phase 3 and share my FINAL results! Until then, its 7 more days of LOTS of water, super clean eating and will power!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.