Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Workout Brownies with SUPERFOOD frosting!

Yes, these are actually good for you!


I have shared a few recipes on social media that I love but here are few workout brownies that I have been raving about! (They are great for after dinner to curb or sugar cravings or after a workout!)



I make these on Sunday and then freeze them for the week(s) ahead. The recipe makes a HUGE batch so you can honestly go 5-10 days with one recipe! And they are filling so you won't want to eat the entire pan (which is the case with more sugary recipes!)

But wait, there is more goodness!  Take these recipes above and add on a SUPERFOOD frosting!

SUPERFOOD ICING  INGREDIENTS:
- Coconut Oil
- Chocolate Shakeology (or another brand of protein powder)
- Toppings as desired (nuts, sprinkles, coconut)

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Prepare workout brownies based on above recipe
- Melt 4 tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave. Make sure it is 100% melted.
- Slowly add in 4 tablespoons of protein powder
- Mix until clumps have dissolved and ice brownies
- Add in nuts, sprinkles, coconut or any topping as desired

Once the brownies are iced I place them in the fridge for 24 hours or the freezer for 12. Remove and then cut them individual servings. I keep them on a plate as they are "fudgy" and "gooey", but AMAZING! The perfect 8pm treat after a LONG day or to celebrate an awesome workout!

Try them and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.