Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Get your priorities in check! My quick colorful tip!

Did you catch my video on FB this morning? I dressed like a rainbow today for my workout (that is what happens at 5am) and it got me thinking about how I used to color-code my homework in 6th grade. Anyone else do that? History was red markers. Spelling blue. Yep. I’m that girl. 

So here’s a quick tip as it relates to schedules and balance and all that color coding. 

If you categorize your calendar. You can easily see what needs attention. Family is blue. Work activities green. Personal self-care is pink. When you look quickly you can easily see where you need to focus your time and what is getting too much attention. The goal. Make a rainbow so you are in balance. 



One of the books I love is the One Thing. I have it on my desk at work to remind me that multi-tasking doesn't always work. I get more done when I am focused on the top priority task. When my calendar is green, I work. When it is blue, I play! (Well or whatever princess party the girls are into!) Here is an example. 

https://www.the1thing.com/time-management/the-pomodoro-method-of-time-blocking/

Have you tried this? I would love to know if it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.