Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Recap of our "Holiday": First Stop London

Happy 2013! We are back from our "holiday" as the Europeans call it. We were fortunate that it that the weather was in the mid-40's and the rain was minimal for the region during the 10 days we were gone. Unfortunately we got off to a rough start with a snow storm on the 26th and Heather heading to the ER the night before we left with some sort of stomach bug but after surviving the long flight we were off in London to experience all things "royal".  For those of you that don't know, I have a little obsession with the royal family and even wrote the queen several times when I was a child asking to join her for tea. Not sure why she declined but almost 25 years later I got to see Buckingham Palace as well as the crown jewels and all things London. I think the rest of the family was just as excited :)

IMG_2174

London reminded me so much of NYC I was really surprised. It was much more modern than I expected. We took the double decker bus tour and were able to see all the sights in the 3 days we were there as well as hit a few pubs, the changing of the guards and several castle tours including Kensington Palace which is currently being renovated. Unfortunately Will and Kate were not there to let us see their updated decor.

IMG_2173   IMG_2116 IMG_2124 IMG_2138

IMG_2135

I posted the London pics here if you are interested in the rest. I'll put a few on Facebook too.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbuWLdu2YtGrG

We headed to Brussels, Bruges and Paris after London but due to severe jet lag (not sure why I can't recover) we are tackling one city at a time in terms of pictures. We took almost 500 so I am sure you will be happy that I am breaking them up by city.

Happy New Year!

Signature Holly

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update..Great photos canit wait to see more.I had only one piece of chocolate tonight. It is the best ever yum.xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.