Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Balsamic Honey Glazed Pasta Salad!

I have been on a recipe kick lately! (And trying to document them!) So when I find a good one I am trying to share!

This recipe I literally made in the middle of a storm when the power flickered, we lost two trees and the little people were dancing around in their princess costumes. So I am serious when I say its easy! You can also modify it 100 different ways based on what you have in your fridge.

Ingredients:
8 ounces rotini pasta (approximately 1/2 a box)
1 red pepper (chopped)
1 yellow pepper (chopped)
1/2 large white onion
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/2 cup cubed goat cheese
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of honey
salt/pepper to taste

Directions:
Boil pasta to desired taste.
Toss pasta in oil, vinegar and honey.
Add in veggies, basil and goat cheese.
Chill for 15-20 minutes. Serve.

I added grilled chicken to this the first night we ate it and salmon to it the second night. You could also add various veggies, cheeses and even shrimp. For me the basil and the goat cheese mixed with the honey was an awesome combination of flavors!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.