Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy Independence Day!

I can't believe its already July, but since I can't really pass up the opportunity to decorate we embraced the holiday and had a fun celebration!


All of my ideas came from Pinterest, which I probably spend WAY too much time looking at!

https://www.pinterest.com/haynes06/4th-of-july/

The best discovery I had were these fun drinks!
Its the easiest thing to make! Start with a base of cranberry juice (I added a little bit of red food coloring to intensify the color). Then fill the glass with ice (all the way to the top). The middle layer is regular Ice Gatorade (not G2). The last layer is the blue Gatorade and is the G2 version. Poor each layer over the ice VERY slowly. Amazingly the liquid stays separated. The trick is the sugar levels in each of the juices. The heaviest is on the bottom. 

Every 4th has to have a flag themed tray. This is my healthy version! My grandma used to make one for us every year. 


I also added a few flags and banners for some festive flair around the house!  I like them so much I think they will be staying up for a few weeks.  




We also went to the parade and enjoyed the warm weather!



Its been raining for what feels like months so it truly felt like the kick-off to summer! :) These two never sit still but I think they had fun!



Hope everyone had a great holiday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.