Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pancakes and Pajamas!

October is truly my favorite month of the year. It has been jam packed with events starting with the girls 2nd birthday. The theme for their birthday party this year was "pancakes and pajamas" and all the kiddos came dressed in their favorite PJ's and we had all out breakfast themed party. So cute.






The best part about the party was the pancake bar and the Funfetti pancake "cake" I made. (Its actual pancakes with icing on top!) I am going to make it a tradition every year to make the girls these pancakes for their birthday breakfast.


I also copied this cute idea from Pinterest to use brown wrapping paper as a table cloth. Then you can write on the paper, label the food, decorate etc. And we also put confetti everywhere! (Which I am still finding almost 3 weeks later!) I am thinking I should use this for every party now. So easy.





I wrote fun, silly quotes from the girls on the table and then "morning" related and "cake" related sayings on the food tables.  I also tried to keep everything in single serving sizes to make it easy for everyone to serve themselves.





Menu:
Mini Egg Omelets
Fruit
Donut Skewers
Sausage / Bacon
Pancake Bar (Toppings included blueberries, chocolate chips, whipped cream, sprinkles, bananas, peanut butter and Nutella!)
- I made the pancakes ahead of time and then froze them individually. After you make the pancakse let them cool. Lay them flat on a cookie sheet with wax paper as your base. Freeze them for 6 hours on a cooking sheet with wax paper separating the layers. Once fully frozen you can put them in a large freezer bag. To reheat simply bake 350 degrees in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Cupcakes (Giant Eagle will give you a free smash cakes for the kids!)
Granola Parfait (Start with a base of yogurt and layer berries and granola in small plastic cups)
Funfetti Cake!

I think the girls had fun! And I learned that having a breakfast themed party is pretty fun too!
XO -
Holly




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.