Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Toddler Friendly Valentines Day Treat!

I love February and Valentines Day! I have so many craft ideas spinning through my head, I don't know where to start. :) I haven't gotten to all of them yet, but this awesome recipe popped up in my Pinterest feed a few weeks ago and I had to try it! (With a few modifications of course).


Full disclosure the original intent of this was to be a super healthy toddler snack and then I went to Target and got side tracked by pink M&Ms and Teddy Grahams so its now considered semi-healthy. The good news is the girls love it and its a nice balance of sweet and salty for a little heart healthy treat. 

Ingredients: 


- 2 cups dried cherries, craisins or cranberries
- 2 cups yogurt covered raisins (I used dark chocolate)
- 3 cups of Teddy Grahams (I used honey flavored, you could also try dark chocolate)
- 4 cups of mini pretzels
- 4 cups of chocolate Chex 
- 2 cups pink/red M&Ms

Simply combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix. The girls seem to love the raisins and Teddy Grahams the best. I prefer the M&Ms and chocolate Chex. (Chocolate Chex might be the best invention ever! AND its gluten free!)  The pretzels give the mix a nice balance. Its cute, colorful and a fun treat! 


The treats fueled us to do a few other Pinterest projects including our homemade Olaf hearts and my favorite, a cute re-writeable picture frame.


This frame is from Target and I simply picked out some fun paper and wrote the "i love you because..." message. You can then use any dry erase marker to leave messages. I have this in our master bathroom so on crazy days we can remind each other that sometimes its the little things that make a difference. 

I hope you and your family have a Happy Valentines Day!



2 comments:

  1. The olaf hearts are wonderful! And a great way to keep the kids involved. A very happy valentine’s day to you. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentine day is a day which you can celebrate all your loved ones like family, friends and eve colleagues. This card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.