Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Healthy, Easy Snacks for the BIG Game!

For some reason every time I think of the BIG Game on Sunday, I think of Doritos. And then I think of Pepsi and cheese dip, particularly the kind with Velveeta cheese and Rotel tomatoes! While eating that every once in a while is OK, I would rather not through an entire years worth of clean eating out the window for one celebration.  SO, here are my tips and recipes for finding some healthier alternatives!



First, lets start out with a few tips so that you have some extra calories to burn during the game!

Plan your day out ahead of time.

I allow myself 3 healthy carbs a day (which includes alcohol), SO if I know I am going to have a glass of wine, I eliminate carbs earlier in the day. 

Amp up the cardio.

On the days when I KNOW there are temptations around I always try to amp up with cardio. There are a ton of workouts that are 30 minutes or less that you can fit in right before game time. OR better yet, do a workout at half time with the family.  The latest craze is 22 minutes. Give me 8 minutes back? I'll take it! Want to try it?  

CLICK HERE to try it for FREE :) Only on Sunday, 2/7.  Its fast. Its simple. Its effective. AND it will give you a few extra calories to use up later!



p.s. Try the workout and tag yourself doing it. You could win $1,000! (YAH!) Just use #22minuteHardCorps and #sweeps in your post!

Bring a healthy alternative.

If you are heading to a football party, bring your own healthy alternative. You will be surprised how many people will enjoy it! Here are a few of my favorites. 

1) Paleo Nachos! Yum!
2) Energy Bits! (If anything these are a great conversation starter!) 
3) Taco Dip! (This might be my favorite recipe of all time, dating all the way back to my Weight Watcher days! lol)
4) Chicken Legs! (In the crockpot and EASY of course!)
5) Double Bean Chili! (21 Day Fix, Hammer and Chisel, and of course clean eating friendly!)
6) Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies! (50 calories. Your welcome!) 

I hope this helps with your temptations! Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.