Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

3PM Sugar Buster! --> Peanut Butter Protein Cookies!

I am not sure about you but everyday at 3pm I am ready for some M&Ms, candy or some sort of sugar pick-me up. For some reason I can do great the entire day but then 3pm hits and I am ravenous for sugar and a snack. I call these my "sugar busters" because they taste like a treat but are not. They are made with protein powder, oats and bananas. Its the kick of protein and energy you need to keep going for the rest of the day! (They are also great for breakfast too!)



These are super easy to make and are a great substitute for that sugary snack when you are craving something sweet. The best part is there is zero sugar added. I make them on the weekends and then freeze them to pack in my lunch for work. (I think they taste better frozen or in the fridge...Kids and toddlers love them too!) Savannah and I made some this weekend. :)


Ingredients:
1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla protein powder. (I used vanilla Shakeology)
2 servings of PB powder. (I used Honeyville Organic PB powder from Costco)
1 cup of quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup raw honey
2 ripe bananas
Dash of cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients and mix well in large bowl.
Scoop out 1 tablespoon size balls onto a cooking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until brown on top.

The cookies will still be somewhat gooey when you take them out. I let them sit for 10-15 minutes and then put them in a large bag in the freezer.

If you do not have PB powder you can substitute 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter. I count 2 cookies as 1 serving. (1 yellow on the 21 Day Fix / Hammer and Chisel plan).

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.