Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I used to be a Runnner --> 7 Day Cross-Training Plan

I used to be a runner. :) In fact I have ran 5 half marathons (all before twins) and one 10k after twins! Running has always been therapeutic for me and centers me when stress takes over. There is something about being about to breathe fresh air and a good play list that just sets you off on in the right direction! So... every time spring comes along I get this little itch to get outside and get running...just not sure I am ready for a marathon (or half yet)...lets just start with a a few miles! I love being outside and I love the fact that the weather is finally getting warmer. Plus the girls are getting big enough where they can come with me! (Mini-marathoners in the making!)


In my effort to dust off those running shoes, I put together a 7 Day Cross-Training running plan based loosely on Hal Higdon's training program which I have used in the past.  (It rocks. When I follow it 100% I always get my best personal record!)

Now I will be honest and say the downside of running for me is the amount of time it takes...which is why I have had so much success with cross-training and 30 minute workouts. I also know that its always beneficial to change it up and not become sedentary in your routines. This is my way of merging the best of both worlds.



MONDAY: Cross Training 
(21 Day Fix - Total Body Cardio)

TUESDAY: Run + Cross Training 
(p90x3 - Total Synergistics)

WEDNESDAY: Cross Training 
(Autumn Calabrese - Kill Cupcake)

THURSDAY: Run + Strength
(PiYo - Sweat)

FRIDAY: Rest or Cross Training
(P90x3 - Dynamics)

SATURDAY: Long Run

SUNDAY: Yoga / Cross Training
(Jericho - 50 / 50)

So get outside and try it! Then let me know what you think! 

Workouts assume subscription to Beachbody On Demand streaming service. Click HERE for a 30 day trial for FREE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.