Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Energy Balls! (21 Day Fix Friendly!)

One of my clients introduced me to these and I CANNOT get enough! I have serious issues with cutting back on sugar and these help me with my cravings. They taste like a dessert and are SO good.


I make a double batch and they last the entire week. You can even skip the "ball" part and just spread the mixture evenly across the pan and cut into single servings once they are set. 

Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
1/2 cup ground flax seed (I used flax seed or chia seeds or both!)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I also have tried almond butter)
1/3 cup honey

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and scoop out into tablespoon size portions. Freeze for 1+ hours. (I keep them in the freezer until I am ready to eat them!)

YUM!  You can also substitute fruit and nuts for the chocolate chips, add coconut, use different nut butters etc. SO good! I eat two balls for 1 serving (they are about 95 calories each) and count it as a yellow and a red on the 21 Day Fix plan.  Enjoy!

Try it and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.