Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

5 Things - July Edition!

Three cheers for a LONG weekend! I don't know about you but I am super excited to sit back and enjoy the summer for a few days! (Along with all the 4th of July festivities of course!) I get very inspired at the beginning of the month. I feel like its a fresh start with new goals and a new beginning. I thought it would be fun to share some of the things I am loving!



Energy Balls!
Can we chat for a moment about energy balls? I don't know what took me so long to get on this trend but that are amazing!! This specific recipe is paleo friendly! YUM!


I added chocolate chips to make them a little extra tasty! I also just used my blender to blend up the ingredients in case you don't have a food processor. They took about 10 minutes to make. I store them in my freezer for late afternoon or post workout snacks!

Summer Skincare Routine!
I have REALLY bad dark spots from being pregnant and sun exposure. I recently tried both Beauty Counter and Kate Ryan and LOVE it. Kate Ryan is a local brand and I am in awe of her packaging and customer service. Beauty Counter is a new company and their charcoal mask at night works miracles. I have been using both consistently for about a week and noticed MAJOR difference. Yeah for summer skin!




Ice Cream!
I have been modifying my diet a bit to not include as much dairy or gluten. So I make this recipe with coconut milk and it is AMAZING.


You can also make popsicles out of it if you keep the banana the same, increase the liquid to 10 ounces and decrease the protein powder to 1 scoop and the peanut butter to 1 tablespoon. I use these containers from Amazon.

Dresses!
Dresses are so easy in the summer. I have been wearing a lot more lately and so have the girls! I love my latest Stitch Fix which includes several maxi dresses. I love their article on how to style the dresses for both work and play! Old Navy has awesome dresses for the girls too!



Summer Reads!
I am on a mission to read several books this summer especially as we head off to the beach soon! I just started this one and am super excited to get into it. Talk about some motivation!


AND as a little bonus, here is a fun treat to make for the 4th of July! Have an amazing weekend!

(source: Skinnytaste)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.