Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Heart Health Valentine's Day Treats!

Can you believe its February already! (Well almost!) Whenever I think of February, I think of chocolate, wine, cupcakes and pretty  much anything associated with Valentines Day. Over the last few months we have made a point to simply keep indulgences out of the house except for special occasions, but I LOVE chocolate. And I can't really get thru a week without it (or wine!). Here are a few recipes that are my favorite go to for celebrations and "treat day" when I need a little something sweet! The best part. They are heart healthy and perfect for Valentines Day!


Avocado Fudge Brownies

I wasn't quite sure about these but they turned out pretty darn good. The key is to not think of them as brownies (as the consistency is a little different) but dark chocolate gooey fudge. YUM! I popped them in the freezer so I wouldn't eat them all at once!



Chocolate Cherry Cookies

I have made these for years now and they are always my go to treat. I use dried fruit from Trader Joes which tends to be the most reasonably priced. No one will ever know they are healthy! These are also very freezer friendly. (I pretty much put everything chocolate related in the outside fridge so I can control my will power!) 



Heart Shaped Treats

I found a few things on Pinterest that sparked my idea to make heart shaped waffles. But then I thought, you can pretty much make heart shaped anything! All you need is a heart cookie cutter. The girls and I eat waffles every weekend! Here are a few ideas!
- Waffles
- PB and Jelly Sandwiches
- Apples (large slices in heart shapes layered with PB and optional toppings) 
- Cucumber slices (if you have a small heart shaped cookie cutter)



I get pretty excited about February, holidays and all things "heart shaped". I hope this gives you a little inspiration for the month. 






2 comments:

  1. Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you want to be treated. See the link below for more info.

    #treat
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.