Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

48 Hours

...Well technically 72 if you count today but what a whirlwind it has been since Thursday! Our move started last Thursday with the packing of all of our boxes into a lovely Uhaul. (Long story on that process but you can blame our realtor who most likely would have been fired if we weren't on a timeline, thankfully it ended up working out!)

IMG_2744

IMG_2745

We then started the formal move this past Thursday where we thought we were going to save some time/work with a moving company. That unfortunately was not the case (which again is another long story) but if you can imagine two movers getting fired and taken away in a taxi along with a huge hole in our wall and a broken light that should sum it up.  Scott, Ann, Matthew, Heather and my mom ended up doing a ton of work. I tried to lift as much as a I could but by about 2pm I no longer had ankles.

IMG_2748

We were just excited to get to the new house! With that said, the unpacking has begun, I am so thankful for everyone that helped us. Our goal this weekend was to get the Great Room, Kitchen and Pantry done before I go back to work and Heather starts summer school. We have by far exceed expectations. (Granted Scott and I have barely stopped but I think yesterday was our breaking point and we ended up watching HGTV and eating pizza!)

Here are a few pics of the back rooms. The rest of the house is full of boxes, so this makes me think we have made progress!

IMG_2749

IMG_2750

Not perfect, but coming along! My absolute favorite part of the house is the wall of windows and the back yard. I catch myself just starring outside at the privacy and all the trees. I can't wait to get some flowers out there!

IMG_2751

IMG_2752

Our goal for the summer is to finish unpacking (hopefully in the next few weeks), new appliances (coming Tuesday!) and then onto painting the twins and Heather's room! My brain is overflowing with ideas, my body is telling me to slow down. So I am working on the baby book today and catching up work! The pic below is from 17 weeks, I will be 19 on Wednesday. We have our big anatomy ultrasound also on Wednesday so we are excited to see the babies and how they have grown. A big week for sure!

IMG_2743

Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks again to all those who helped us. I am so overwhelmed with excitement these days I practically jump out of bed! Can't wait for everyone to see our new digs.

Signature Holly

2 comments:

  1. The place looks great! You've really made progress! Sorry to hear there were so many bumps along the way, glad everyone was there to help! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Holly! I can't believe how much you've unpacked already! Looing forward to seeing the new place! See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.