Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Starting to look like Home...

I finally got around to taking a few house pics today since it was nice and sunny out this a.m. I wish I could take credit for the yard work but that is all Scott these days (and some help from Heather, Matthew and Scott's Dad!) We have some plans to remove that big pine tree on the left and take out or trim the mysterious red bush below it, but it at least looks a little more under control and kept.

IMG_2781 IMG_2782 IMG_2785

The deck is probably our favorite spot. We cheated this year and got some plants from my mom's nursery instead of planting our own. Next year perhaps! We still need a lot of "decorating" but at least things are starting to fall into place.  Below are a few pics of the dining room and living room.

IMG_2783

I'd like to replace the light fixture in the dining room as well as hang a cool wine rack above the buffet, maybe with a few pictures on the wall. We'll see. I think the nursery probably takes priority of a wine rack right now :) The dining room is also Gracie's favorite spot. You can see her little head poking out on the left entrance.

IMG_2784

The living room started out as an extra room with all of our misc. furniture but is starting to become my favorite room so far. I am trying to go with a yellow, blue and green theme and hope to get a cool Ikat rug with some wicker baskets and maybe another chair to give a little bit of a beachy feel one day.

Progress! Up next is tackling the basement. We have started but its another project all in itself.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! (a little late but at least I am keeping up with pictures these days.

IMG_2779

Signature Holly

2 comments:

  1. flowerld54@aol.comJune 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM

    taking a comm break from the spurs game.. you have down soooo much since I last saw the house and moving all those boxes... wow it looks great.. take it easy and prop your feet up.. take care xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely coming along! Can't wait to see it on my next trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.