Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

5 Tips for a Healthy Holiday!

Happy Holiday week! I can't believe Christmas is THIS week! Here are my top 5 tips for staying healthy this holiday!! 



1) Remember Christmas (and New Year's) is one day.   Not one month. Try to plan your week around the holidays so you can enjoy them! (And stick to your goals at Holiday Happy Hours!)

2) Create some new "healthy" traditions mixed in with your classic ones. (My cookie makeover recipes are up on the blog!) 

3) Allow yourself some downtime. (I am reminding myself this as a type this.) It's important to enjoy the moment. I have been doing yoga once a week and on days when I can't fit in a workout do a quick 10 minute session. (You can access a full  month yoga routines here for free!)

4) Be real. Saying you are going to lose 20lbs in 2 weeks or completely avoid all sugar is not realistic. The more you deny yourself, the more likely you are to eat that entire plate of cookies the next day. Even out your cookies with some crunches or better yet some crunches and carrots! (Sneak in some simple holiday vegetable side dishes!)

5) Have a plan.  If you know me well, you know I am a planner. So I have my workouts planned the next two weeks AND I have my January plan in place. So I can celebrate now and not have to worry about what I am going to do come January 2 later! (Check out the Health Bet details for more info!) A PERFECT, easy plan, that pays you to reach your goals!!!



I hope you and your family have a happy and healthy holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.