Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Easy Peasy Chicken Salad!

I am on a quest to liven up my recipe list (and lunches). I found this chicken salad recipe as part of my current fitness program I am following and it couldn't be easier. I made this this weekend and now am enjoying it the rest of the week.


Ingredients:

3 Tbsp. low-fat (1%) Greek Yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (or lemon)
1 tsp. ground chili powder
1 tsp. raw honey
3 cups chopped, grilled chicken breast (boneless/skinless) 
- I baked this at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes instead of grilling. Season with salt/ pepper and chili powder as desired. 
1/2 medium red onion (diced)
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
8 large Boston (or Bibb) lettuce leaves
2 cups fresh spinach
(Optional 1/4 cup of grapes and 1/4 cup diced tomatoes)



Directions:

1. If you haven't already cook and dice the chicken. 
2. Combine yogurt, lime juice, chili, powder and honey in a small bowl. This is the salad dressing.
3. Combine chicken, onion, spinach, pumpkin seeds and dressing. Toss gently until blended throughout. (Toss in optional grapes / tomatoes to preference). 
4. Serve on top of bibb lettuce. Makes 4 servings.

Enjoy!

p.s For those of you on the 21 Day Fix, it counts as 1 green, 1 red and 1 orange container. (Without the grapes and tomatoes). 

1 comment:

  1. There are times that we encounter fear and disappointments in life yet we still manage to
    stand up straight and face it rather that being silent. That was a very good example of
    being a brave person. Well, I would like to thank you for sharing a very good article it
    is very much appreciated, good job! You can visit my site too if you want. Have a great day!

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.