Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Years --> Good Luck Traditions

They say that you should eat cabbage of some sort on New Year's Day to bring good luck the rest of the year. Full disclosure, I am not a big believer in New Years resolutions, BUT if I can eat some cabbage to get some good luck, I will do it!  (And don't worry, I don't completely give up on goal setting, I just do it monthly or weekly, because the chances of me actually achieving it is much higher!)

SO, to bring good luck this year, our family made brussels sprouts! Brussels sprouts au gratin. They are mini cabbages right? At least in the same family? The cheese sauce is just a bonus!


We made this recipe but I modified a little bit and used 1 cup of skim milk. You can also use almond milk.  I wasn't sure the sauce was going to be enough, but once you baked it it turned out amazing!



All together it took about 15 minutes to make and about 30 minutes to cook. The end result was delicious and the whole family ate it (or at least tried it). Even those that don't like brussels sprouts! Make a point to try new recipes this year and new vegetables. Cabbage is a winter vegetable and so good for you!


Happy New Year!








1 comment:

  1. oh this recipe looks so simple and healthy. i will be making this for the upcoming family dinner. i really needed some new recipes. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.