Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

Kickstart your Morning Routine!

I am not a big new year's resolution person, but one of the big changes I want to make is adding a little more efficiency to my morning routine :) I read a quote recently that the best leaders in the world get up early, so now I can't get that out of my head. I want to be my best! (Doesn't everyone?!?!) I was already getting up early (hello two toddlers...) So am getting up extra earlier, being efficient with my early morning time and setting a few goals. Here are a few ways I have kick started my mornings this week!



Goal #1 - Wake Up without Distractions
- I wake up early (i.e. between 4:30 and 5:00am) so that I can workout and work on some of my business goals. My mind is the freshest when I first wake up. This means no checking phone, email, etc. until post workout! No distractions! Once I turn my phone on its like my mind goes in 1,00 directions.

Goal #2 - Be Efficient with your AM Activities
- Be efficient. Along with #1 (i.e. no checking phone or messages), I lay all my clothes out and pack my lunch the night before. This includes my workout clothes and planning my workout. (I actually plan them by the week). My focus in the mornings is me (before everyone else gets up) and then the family. I also take it a step further and lay all the girls clothes out and at night cook dinner for the next night. That way we are ensured there is a healthy meal waiting and in the morning I am for the most part insured a few minutes to get things done.



Goal #3 Drink Lemon Water Everyday
- Lemon water. I have mentioned this before, but I have read over and over again that drinking a hot glass of lemon water when you first wake-up has tremendous health benefits. SO, I workout, drink water and then post workout, drink my hot lemon water.

Directions:
- Heat 8oz of water to boiling
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 lemon slice (with juice)
- Enjoy!

p.s. When I am done I stick the lemon down my disposal and then the whole sink smells amazing!



Goal #4 Make Room for Improvement
- Continuous improvement. :) I always wish I had more time to read and for some reason it always falls off the list. I am still working on that but I have learned that podcasts and e-readers are a great way to "listen" to books while working out or getting ready. So 3-4 days a week, I listen to my favorite advice givers and sometimes a fun book or two.  Up next on my list? Anyone that can create a show like Scandal definitely has my attention!


That makes for a pretty good morning right? And all before 7:00am! :) Try it and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I'm 5ft. 6 in. and usually have issues with pant legs being too short especially after washing. The carbon 38 workout clothes have plenty of room. They are light weight but substantial when I put them on and not see through as far as can tell, which us usually obvious right away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. As a reminder, all opinions on this site are my own.